Benefits of Biodiesel Use
Biodiesel is great to use because of its many benefits. One of the greatest benefits of biodiesel is that it is environmentally friendly. You do not have to be an environmental activist to be aware of the greenhouse effect and if you are looking for ways to help in this cause even in little ways, consider using biodiesel for fuel.
• The emission of carbon dioxide (main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming) is reduced to more than 75% when you use 100% biodiesel.
• Biodiesel eliminates all the sulfur emitted by conventional diesels.
• Reduces carbon monoxide, smog and hydrocarbon emissions.
• Since biodiesels are made from crops and other plant matters that had a past life absorbing carbon dioxide, it doubles its life cycle of reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
• The process of biodiesel production is cleaner than the conventional diesel process.
• Biodiesel is biodegradable and the Environmental Protection Agency consider it to be non-toxic.
Better for Cars
• Because biodiesel is a cleaner burning fuel than the conventional diesel, it is better for your car’s engine.
• It provides greater engine lubrication.
• Your engine is left with fewer particulate deposits.
• It is a safer fuel because it has a high ignition point.(350ºF)
To get a bird’s eye view of how biodiesel is made, the basic process is laid out:
• Biodiesel is made by altering the molecular structure of any organic oil chemically using a catalyst and an alcohol.
• The oil is heated to a certain designated temperature and the catalyst and alcohol mixture is added to the oil.
• You will be able to check if the chemical reaction was a success as you will see three layers of the oil. The top one being the biodiesel, middle layer may contain soap and bottom layer will include glycerin.
• Other layers will then be drained off and the biodiesel will be washed of any impurities. Once the biodiesel is dried and filtered through fuel filters, it is ready for use.
The biodiesel production has become wide spread throughout because people are becoming more aware of the economic and environmental changes every country is experiencing. Also, biodiesel helps the fuel consumers from relying on dwindling fossil fuel resources which is always associated with world politics. Biodiesel is also a lot cheaper than other conventional fuels.
There are several types and sizes of biodiesel plants available that will greatly simplify the process for you.
[CaRP] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname (0)
Michigan State, ExxonMobil enter $1M algae research partnership - Biodiesel Magaz...
Michigan State, ExxonMobil enter $1M algae research partnership
Under realistic growth conditions however, this efficiency drops. There is a need to improve photosynthesis under simulated production environments. ?Fortunately, nature has provided us with a great potential for improvement,? Kramer said. ?There are ...
and more »
Another sentencing in Las Vegas for int'l biodiesel fraud scheme - Biodiesel Magaz...
Another sentencing in Las Vegas for int'l biodiesel fraud scheme
James Jariv and Stoliar also formed a company called Canada Feedstock Supply?that represented itself as City Farm's supplier of feedstocks necessary to produce biodiesel. James Jariv operated and controlled a company based in Las Vegas called Global ...
and more »
Poll: Majority of Nebraskans want to develop biodiesel industry - Biodiesel Magaz...
Poll: Majority of Nebraskans want to develop biodiesel industry
Nearly 60 percent of poll respondents agreed or strongly agreed that more should be done to develop biodiesel or ethanol energy in Nebraska. Forty-six percent disagreed that renewable energy sources are too expensive for Nebraska. One-half of the ...
and more »
Bagram Air Field converts UCO to biodiesel to power incinerators - Biodiesel Magaz...
Bagram Air Field converts UCO to biodiesel to power incinerators
Three unrelated problems were solved by one simple solution devised by Logistics Civil Augmentation Program IV contract partner Fluor to convert used cooking oil into biodiesel to help power solid waste incinerators at Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan.
and more »
Nidera earns RSB certification for UCO biodiesel production in Spain - Biobased Dig...
Nidera earns RSB certification for UCO biodiesel production in Spain
In Switzerland, Nidera has earned the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB) certification for the production and trading of biofuels from used cooking oil. Nidera operates worldwide as a commodity service and solutions provider for the global ...
Report: Biofuels capacity to grow to 61 BGY in 2018 - Biodiesel Magaz...
Report: Biofuels capacity to grow to 61 BGY in 2018
Lux Research analysts studied growth of biofuels utilizing an alternative fuels database of more than 1,800 production facilities globally. Among their findings: -Waste oils will dominate next-generation biofuels. With a 52 percent share, biodiesel ...
Global biofuels capacity to reach 61 bn gal in 2018 - Lux Research
all 7 news articles »
EU-based Nidera earns RSB cert for UCO biodiesel - Biodiesel Magazine (bl...
EU-based Nidera earns RSB cert for UCO biodiesel
Biodiesel Magazine (blog)
The Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials announced Sept. 22 that Rotterdam-based Nidera has earned the RSB certification for production and trading of biodiesel from used cooking oil (UCO). Founded in 1920 in Rotterdam and now active in more than ...
and more »
Universal Biofuels converts bulk customers to B100 in India - Biodiesel Magaz...
Universal Biofuels converts bulk customers to B100 in India
Aemetis Inc. announced distilled biodiesel produced by its subsidiary in India has been used by bulk customers to replace 100 percent petroleum diesel with 100 percent distilled biodiesel, reducing emissions by 80 percent and providing cost savings to ...
and more »
EU extends duties on US biodiesel as US imports surge - Biodiesel Magaz...
EU extends duties on US biodiesel as US imports surge
?Ever since the $1-per-gallon biodiesel tax credit was first implemented in U.S. legislation a decade ago, it never ceased to play a key role in the scaling up of U.S. biodiesel production and securing it a significant advantage,? Garofalo said. ?Even ...
EU continues biodiesel duties, U.S. industry calls for tax incentives Farm Futures
all 18 news articles »
D4 RIN prices suggest traders predict tax credit reinstatement - Biodiesel Magaz...
D4 RIN prices suggest traders predict tax credit reinstatement
10 FarmDocDaily post, ?Why is the Price of Biodiesel RINs Plummeting?? the RIN price drop since June more than doubles the blend margin decline. As Irwin points out, improving soybean production prospects in the U.S. and concerns about economic ...
and more »